It is one of the most important days for all Hindus as it is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The auspicious day is observed in the Hindu month of Margashirsha of Krishna Paksha, after Kartik Purnima. This year, Utpanna Ekadashi is being observed on November 30, 2021.
Utpanna Ekadashi 2021: Date and Shubh Muhurat
Date: November 30, Tuesday
Ekadashi Tithi Begins – 04:13 AM on November 30, 2021
Ekadashi Tithi Ends – 02:13 AM on December 01, 2021
Parana Time – 07:34 AM to 09:02 AM on December 1, 2021
On Parana Day Hari Vasara End Moment – 07:34 AM
As per Hindu texts, on this day, Goddess Ekadashi was born out of Vishnu to annihilate Demon Mur, who tried to kill Lord Vishnu in his sleep.
– Wake up early in the morning during Brahma Muhurat, bathe and wear clean clothes.
– Collect all puja samaghris and offer them to Lord Vishnu, such as incense sticks, flowers, clothes, bhog, etc.
– Chant mantras and read Utpanna Ekadashi Vrat Katha. You may also read the Vishnu Sahasranam or do the Naam Jaapa.
– Conclude the puja by performing Lord Vishnu aarti
– Break the fast within Dwadashi tithi unless it is over before sunrise. Not breaking fast during the Dwadashi will be equal to an offence. Also, Prana should not be done during Hari Vasara, which is the first one-fourth duration of Dwadashi Tithi.