Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) revamping its stations between Dilshad Garden and Rithala section of Red Line which are amongst oldest in the Metro network opened under its Phase-I/II.
The renovation activities which are now completed on 12 of the 21 stations included:
- Finishing/replacement of exterior with contemporary easy to maintain material
- Relaying dilapidated granite flooring at concourse and ground level
- Retroplating (chemical polishing) of platforms
- Internal and external painting of stations
- Relaying and rerouting of old drainage system which was causing leakages including desilting/cleaning of circulating area drainage network
- Improvement of circulating area and footpath for beautification and aesthetics of station premises
- Upgradation of existing fire fighting system
- LED lighting at stations
- Renovation of escalators/installation of new escalators, etc
Some of stations where the renovation work is almost complete are Dilshad Garden, Jhilmil, Mansarovar Park, Shahdara, Welcome, Shastri Park etc. The work at remaining Metro stations will also be completed by May 2021.