Delicious food is the essence of any festival. This is that time of the year when everything takes a backseat in life and it’s only about celebrating the festival with loved ones. Try these sweets at home for this Holi with ease:
Recipe 1- S’mores Cupcakes
100g plain flour
75g caster sugar
30g Vegan Protein Blend
7.5g apple cider vinegar
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
150ml dairy-free milk
.12 vegan marshmallows
1. Mix together the flour, protein powder, bicarbonate of soda and sugar.
2. Mix in the milk, oil and apple cider vinegar.
3. Pour the mixture into 6 cupcake cases.
4. Put a marshmallow in the centre of each cupcake.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins.
6. Leave to cool and top with a marshmallow.
Recipe 2: High Protein Yoghurt Toast
• 2 slices whole wheat bread, or your preferred bread
• 2 medium sized egg whites
• 50g Greek yogurt
• 10g protein powder
• Few drops of flavdrops
1. Press bread using your fingers to form a depression square.
2. Mix the filling: yogurt, egg whites, protein powder, flavdrops.
3. Pour into the depression of the bread.
4. Top with fruits, I used strawberries.
5. Bake at 175°C for 15 mins. Alternatively, you can use an airfryer.
6. Serve with sugar free syrup and/or powdered sugar.
Recipe 3: Chocolate Brownie Pudding
– cocoa powder
– 1 scoop whey chocolate brownie
– chia seeds
– choco chips
1. Mix the oats, hot chocolate powder, whey, milk & chia seeds and keep it in the fridge.
2. Keep the custard in the fridge separately.
3. Mix all ingredients.
Recipe 4: Cinnamon French Toast
– 6x slices bread (without crusts)
– 20g whey protein powder
– 50g Greek yoghurt
– 1x small egg
– 30ml milk
– Vanilla Flavdrops
– 1x tsp Cinnamon
– 1x tsp sugar
– Sugar free golden syrup
1. Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin. Carefully cut off crusts
2. In a bowl, combine the Greek yoghurt and protein powder. Spread onto each bread slice, and roll up.
3. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, and vanilla flavour drops.
4. In another bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon and put to the side.
5. Dip each roll-up in the egg mixture, and pan-fry in a skillet until all sides are golden brown.
6. Remove from the skillet and dip into the cinnamon sugar, and roll until completely covered.
7. Top with your syrup